Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Verification on Pinnacle Account

tag
JazzyMiss
New Visitor

Equifax Verification on Pinnacle Account

I recently disputed an account on my Equifax Report with Pinnacle which came back verified. I called Equifax and asked how the account was verified. The rep told me that they use an automated system and the company responded back with an account number. Yes, just an account number and the account was verified!! I asked how this was possible if no other documentationwas sent. They said that they could redispute this, but I was considering sending a MOV. However, have I alread done this by calling and asking what they used to verify? Any advice on next steps?? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax Verification on Pinnacle Account

@JazzyMiss wrote:

I recently disputed an account on my Equifax Report with Pinnacle which came back verified. I called Equifax and asked how the account was verified. The rep told me that they use an automated system and the company responded back with an account number. Yes, just an account number and the account was verified!! I asked how this was possible if no other documentationwas sent. They said that they could redispute this, but I was considering sending a MOV. However, have I alread done this by calling and asking what they used to verify? Any advice on next steps?? Thanks!

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

What are you disputing here??? Its the debt yours ??  If so what type of debt is this ?

Message 2 of 6
JazzyMiss
New Visitor

I'm disputing a VW collection account which Pinnacle cannot provide me any information on. 

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@JazzyMiss wrote:

I'm disputing a VW collection account which Pinnacle cannot provide me any information on. 

Send Pinnacle a DV with request for accounting of amount owed. This may or may not work (A DV typically needs to be sent within the first 30 days on their initial contact to you unless you live in TX then it can be at anytime under TX Finance Code)  but it is your next option at this point since your dispute has failed. You also want to make sure this debt is outside your states SOL before you start poking them or you may end up with un intended consequences (a lawsuit)...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Debt-Validation/m-p/7133

Message 4 of 6
JazzyMiss
New Visitor

I was unsure if I should send a dv since i disputed it first with the CRAs. The only one who has verified so far is EQ.

I wanted to know if I should allow them to redispute it since they only verified with an account number. They claim this time they will require more documentation or will sending Equifax a MOV letter be more effective?

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@JazzyMiss wrote:

I was unsure if I should send a dv since i disputed it first with the CRAs. The only one who has verified so far is EQ.

I wanted to know if I should allow them to redispute it since they only verified with an account number. They claim this time they will require more documentation or will sending Equifax a MOV letter be more effective?

The CRAs dont need much to come back to claim its verified, E-Oscar is the system used and when you dispute its boiled down to a code that gets sent to the OC and the OC then responds back with an answer to that code though typically they verify name and account number not just account  number itself as that could be anyones account, I dont see what sending them a MOV at this point is going to accomplish as they have already given you the info over the phone and its likely what you will get back from them in written form, IMO its a waste of time. To re dispute you would need a reason for something that is reportiing in error.  I still advise the DV if you can do it.

I will give you a heads up if EQ or TU verify something you can bet that all will verify, especially EX.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.