Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax and Credit Karma Score change

tag
kebeneezer88
Contributor

Equifax and Credit Karma Score change

Hi, anyone know why my EQ score would suddely drop 31 points but only on Credit Karma? I am enrolled with Equifax to get my score and it is still the same as before. But on Credit Karma it has dropped. The only thing that has changed is that my Fingerhut Fresh Start balance finally got updated and is now showing that I have paid the balance down from $65 to $32. Why would that make my score drop? 

Also, I have just received Open Sky secured, but it hasn't started reporting yet. Side note, any ideas on when that will start reporting? Got the card a week ago. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax and Credit Karma Score change

@kebeneezer88 wrote:

Hi, anyone know why my EQ score would suddely drop 31 points but only on Credit Karma? I am enrolled with Equifax to get my score and it is still the same as before. But on Credit Karma it has dropped. The only thing that has changed is that my Fingerhut Fresh Start balance finally got updated and is now showing that I have paid the balance down from $65 to $32. Why would that make my score drop? 

Also, I have just received Open Sky secured, but it hasn't started reporting yet. Side note, any ideas on when that will start reporting? Got the card a week ago. 

Ignore CK's score, they are meaningless FAKOs. Drop Equifax as well, they are another FAKO. Get your real FICO scores from here or Credit Check Total. You can get the CCT (al three scores and reports) seven day trial for one dollar.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kebeneezer88 wrote:

Ignore CK's score, they are meaningless FAKOs. Drop Equifax as well, they are another FAKO. Get your real FICO scores from here or Credit Check Total. You can get the CCT (al three scores and reports) seven day trial for one dollar.

+1000

As Norman stated.

Just had a friend looking at here CK scores thinking she was in good shape had her at a 671. Had them pull CTT and they seen they were actuallly a 522 after explaining the diffrence and that 90%+ of lenders will use FICO scores. So they have thier work cut out.

They should make a sticky in here on FICO vs Vantage scores. I know its around here somewhere. lol

Message 3 of 5
thummel
Established Contributor

Credit karma isn't too reliable. It can mabye give you an idea where you stand or for some information. But the scores are useless. They have me at like 715 when I'm actually closer to 750 to 760 depending on the report.
Message 4 of 5
kebeneezer88
Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I was freaking out a bit. I am working hard to get my scores up and they have slowly.  This was shocking.  I will get my three scores from My Fico next and not worry so much  about CK. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.