cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax and Experian added a fraud flag for too many apps?

tag
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Equifax and Experian added a fraud flag for too many apps?

Alright so I had posted this in the wrong forum -_-

Hey guys me again. So I am rebuilding my credit and went on an app spree and got approved for some store cards but then started getting denied so I stopped but when I received the letters in the mail they stated that the reason they denied me was because they could not verify my credit information but it was just from Equifax and Experian.

I called bot equifax and experian and went through the verification proccess and they confirmed that I had a fraud flag applied but when I asked why they said they could not give me further information and that I needed to mail in a copy of my ID and SSN. I have done App sprees before in the past and never had this problem....has anyone ever had this happen? Transunion is fine and they didn't apply a flag but what I thought was weird was that they did not want to tell me when/who applied the flag....it kind of has me worried and if this was due to applying too much at one time well now I am worried to apply anymore....I just want to know if anyone has ever had this happen to them before?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax and Experian added a fraud flag for too many apps?

One of the risks of App Sprees....

You're going to have to send EX and EQ proof of your identity and request the fraud alert be removed.

Message 2 of 6
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Okay...so this is normal? I did a Google search and didn't really find much information on it. Strange how Transunion left me untouched....honestly Transunion has always been the best of the 3 to deal with.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MRsolis wrote:

Okay...so this is normal? I did a Google search and didn't really find much information on it. Strange how Transunion left me untouched....honestly Transunion has always been the best of the 3 to deal with.

I wouldn't say its "normal", but its not unreasonable. Lots of apps in a very short time period can look suspicious.

Lots of people say TU is the easiest, and most consumer friendly of the bunch.

Message 4 of 6
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Ok thank you for the information. Luckily Experian allows you to upload the documents online at www.experian.com/upload but unfortunately I am going to have to snail mail my docs to EQ to get it fixed...Thank you again for the info I just didn't know they did that considering I've read people do app sprees for more and be fine

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Normal(depending on situation,) EQ put it on the others when they had my birthday wrong after I disputed a tradeline and send my info in. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.