cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax and My Fico Reports not the same?

tag
let
Regular Contributor

Equifax and My Fico Reports not the same?

I recieved this from EQ in an email (dispute)

The Results Of Our Reinvestigation

>>> We have reviewed your concerns and our conclusions are:

The following disputed account or inquiry is currently not reporting on your Equifax credit file: XXXX College

I wasn't sure what that meant, I was hoping it meant deleted.  I called EQ to ask for the meaning and she said it meant EQ  was never reporting that collection.  I explained to her that it was on my EQ  CR, that's why I disputed it.  She asked where I received my report, I advised her MY Fico. She went onto say MyFico was a third party, blah, blah..so I said to her, what you're saying to me is MyFico and EQ do not report the same?  She kept saying My Fico is a third party...I understand MY Fico is a third party..not Equifax..any thoughts?

Below is what was on my EQ CR from My Fico, I deleted the name of the college:Collection on debt to:

xxxxS College The collection agency

"605YC52663"

was hired to collect a debt of $190 originally owed to

"XXXXX College "

on account number

"XXXXXXX"

Collection agency [?] Original balance [?] Current balance [?] Date assigned [?] Original lender [?] Account number [?] Account holder [?]
            605YC52663           
$190
$190
Mar 30, 2011
            xxxxx College    
            XXXXXXX           
                        Individual
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax and My Fico Reports not the same?

Well you can't really know for sure if the CSR is correct unless you pull your EQ report directly from Equifax.  Have you used your free anuual report yet?

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 10
let
Regular Contributor

I have, I'll have to double check it when I get home.  I want to say I do remember that specific collection on there. 

Message 3 of 10
let
Regular Contributor

Update..received an e mail from Equifax about two items I disputed.  Again the result was "these items are not being reported on your credit file" or something to that effect. I guess I'll have bite the bullet and actually buy my credit report from Equifax...

Message 4 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Have you already pulled your free report from Equifax? You get a free report every year from www.annualcreditreport.com  That is the only place the report is actually free. EQ, TU and EX are mandated to allow consumers to pull a free report one time per year from that site only. Don't go to the EQ marketing site as they will charge you for it.

Message 5 of 10
let
Regular Contributor

Yes, I did, back in January. 

Message 6 of 10
spike69
Frequent Contributor

I had a similar issue- I sent them a faxed copy and that got me more action from there

Message 7 of 10
let
Regular Contributor

So I should send them a copy of the credit report showing the collections right?

Message 8 of 10
spike69
Frequent Contributor

That is what I did.

Message 9 of 10
Sonic98
New Contributor

I too recently noticed different things on my report from MyFico, creditchecktotal, and pulling the reports directly from the CRAs. Sometimes I'll check sites like CreditKarma and Quizzle as well, but I would guess whatever the CRAs have is most acurate. My only problem is I'm not sure Experian is actually giving me an updated reporting or just putting a new date on an old report number 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.