Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax and it's reporting times

tag
Cswildfeuer
Established Member

Equifax and it's reporting times

I am bafffled by the delay that seems to be the Equifax way. I pay close attention in my rebuilding on the credit scores(maybe too much) and this is the observation I have made. From things falling off to update on a monthly balance. Can anyone enlighten me? I was at 579 in February when i went on app spree it tumbled (as they all did) to 519 and I am at 534 presently. Also, why does it seem they are the most difficult to bring up even when they do update? Thanks!

Below are my cards with limits. The only ones I utilize are FP Barlclay & Walmart consistently. I pay back all but about 10 percent which I allow to roll one billing period at which time I pay then repeat. I need to break from the FP & Barclay dependency they stay at 20percent utilization.

VS250 Walmart700 Express250 Goody's250 Pottery Barn300 Pier1-250 Belk250 BarclayRewards500 AmEagle250 EddieBauer 250 First PremierPlatinum MC700 Overstock300 PacSun300

EQ:534 TU:615 EX: 620 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax and it's reporting times

Equifax has always been the slowest to change for me as well and seems to be most effected by utilization, number of cards reporting a balance and lack of installment loans. Try to make sure that less than one third of your cards report a balance of less than 10% of their limit if you don't have an installment loan look into opening a secured loan, Alliant Credit Union has a good one. Here is a link to a thread that explains it in detail. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Adding-an-installment-loan-the-Share-Secu... Above all don't be to worried about your scores for now concentrate on making all payments on time, utilization and your mix of credit lines, time will take care of the rest
Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax and it's reporting times

Usually it is TU for me that is slowest, but if it isn't them, it's Equifax lol.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.