Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax are Liars and Scumbags

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax are Liars and Scumbags

Not sure where to post this for help....

I have GREAT credit...no baddies...EVER.

Recently, I decided to look at my CR for Free (the annual credit report . com thing).  Something I never did before.  I was able to get TU and EX through that website but NOT EQ.  EQ could not "verify" me.  The questions of verification that EQ asks me had nothing to do with me  at ALL.

The funny thing is, I have USAA CMS and EQ shows up on there and All Information on my Accounts are correct.  

I read somewhere on Myfico .com that "Whats is your CR" and "Whats not in your CR"  is largely based on what YOU (me -- the consumer ALLOWS to be on my CR).

EQ wants me to send in my W2s, Paystubs, Drivers License, SS Card, Utility Bills, etc in order to "Verify" me so that they can Release my FREE CR that I am ENTITLED to.

HA!!!!!!!   There is NO F'ing WAY that I am going to give EQ any MORE information.  ESPECIALLY MY W2'S or PAYSTUB!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can I get my FREE EQ Report, without having to submit to a DNA test, fingerprint analysis, Eyeball Iris Scan, (<---  it's what it feels like) w2, Paystub.

Any help, any ideas?  Anyone have trobule with EQ?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Tempted2Pull
New Contributor

Re: Equifax are Liars and Scumbags

You can obtain your EQ report via ScoreWatch free 10 day trial then $14.95 a month after.

Starting Score {July 30,2012}: TU 586 EQ 535 EX 583
Current Score: My Fico EQ 635 Walmart TU08 640 MyFico TU04 682 My Fico EX 628 (lender pull 09/12)
Road 2 Recovery: Patience - Persistence - Perseverance

Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
joser1223
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

How can I get my FREE EQ Report, without having to submit to a DNA test, fingerprint analysis, Eyeball Iris Scan, (<---  it's what it feels like) w2, Paystub.

LOL!!!

Starting Score: TU-626/EQ-???/EX-686
Current Score: TU-672/EQ-665/EX-716
Goal Score: 780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joser1223 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL!!!

thanks for sharing my humor.

I call EQ Liars because it seems to me that they asked "fake" questions of verification on purpose.

And I call EQ Scumbags becuase it seems to me that they are trying to act as a Data Miner of IRRELEVANT information, rather than as CRB that collects relevant information.

As to SW, I rather obtain my FREE report DIRECTLY from the CRB and not 3rd parties like SW and USAA.

Message 4 of 9
GregB
Valued Contributor

If you are sure the data is correct through USAA EQ report then it should be the same through any provider that pulls your EQ report including EQ itself.

Are you sure it is EQ thought USAA? Not EX?

If so, then you need to figure out what is wrong in the system. Look at the details on the EQ report and make sure there is no typo or something that is causing you to answer one of the identity questions incorrectly.

NO reason not to give EQ the info they require.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GregB wrote:

If you are sure the data is correct through USAA EQ report then it should be the same through any provider that pulls your EQ report including EQ itself.

Are you sure it is EQ thought USAA? Not EX?

If so, then you need to figure out what is wrong in the system. Look at the details on the EQ report and make sure there is no typo or something that is causing you to answer one of the identity questions incorrectly.

NO reason not to give EQ the info they require.

yeah i am sure that i am not mixing up EQ with EX.

And yeah thats just it...my point exactly...that if it is correct through a 3rd party, then it should be correct directly from the CRB (via annual credit report . com)

NO reason not to give EQ the info they require, you say? Of course there is! The information they are asking for is IRRELEVANT to the purpose of a CRB.

My DL Number is NOT for them to know, my DL Picture is NOT for them to know. If I have a 401k, how much I deffer to my 401k, how much my employer matches my 401k, what type of 401k I have, how many exemptions I claim, who I work for, what fringe benefits I have, how much is deducted for my health, vision, dental premiums, who my supervisor is, what department within my company I work in, my work position, who my utility providers are, how much I pay for my utilities........This list can go on for ever.....

The point is, EQ is NO RIGHT to collect IRRELVENT information.

Message 6 of 9
GregB
Valued Contributor

I would imagine that EQ is only looking for you to prove your identity. I'm guessing you could probably block out all the info you itemized. They just want proof that you are you and I imagine a drivers license helps show that even with the number blocked out. Same with utility bill amounts, W-2 amounts, etc.

Since you are sure both are referencing EQ, then determine if there is any info on your USAA report that is incorrect. Is there anything on there that is wrong for you but might match one of the security questions that EQ asks when trying to prove that you are you. For example, one of my business accounts now reports to personal so now once a month all the CRAs think I moved to my business address. When an identity question comes up with something like "what streets have you lived on" or "what city" I have to know that my business address is included. Same with a typo from a creditor that added a digit in the middle of my old street address.

If the questions you are being asked are completely wrong in every way then I have to assume there is something going on with two different accounts with EQ.

How far off are the security questions? Have you ever been able to get an EQ report that wasn't from USAA?

Edited to fix a typo in the word "typo" - sheesh

Message 7 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I just had to read this one because the subject line caught my attention.   LOL

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

For consumer protection, the CRAs require proof of identity for access to your CR, so I dont think proof of idenity is unreasonable per se.

However, income and tax documents are beyond what is needed to identity yourself.

I would not hesitate to send SSN and copies of IDs to support your identity, or copies of current billing statements to support your current address.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.