cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax collection deleted- must be my lucky day!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax collection deleted- must be my lucky day!

I just checked my full EQ report and I see that they have deleted an old paid collection account that wasn't due to fall off until April 2016. I don't know why but I ain't asking questions. Happy New Year to me!! Has this ever happened for anyone else? I've always heard EQ won't delete early even if you offer up your first born as a sacrifice to the credit gods!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax collection deleted- must be my lucky day!

@Anonymous wrote:

I just checked my full EQ report and I see that they have deleted an old paid collection account that wasn't due to fall off until April 2016. I don't know why but I ain't asking questions. Happy New Year to me!! Has this ever happened for anyone else? I've always heard EQ won't delete early even if you offer up your first born as a sacrifice to the credit gods!

Congrats!

I also had a couple improvements from EQ this month and I am happier about them also.

I disputed items with EQ in Oct, Nov, and Dec and they all came back with 'it was verified to us so we aint changing a thing'.  After the New Year, I get one of them deleted (scheduled for Feb) and another one 'improved' but not deleted.   All told, I have a 31 point increase on EQ from last month, and I am going with 'a card laid is a card played' and I'm keeping it.

They wouldnt accept my first born either, lol.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax collection deleted- must be my lucky day!

I had a paid collection drop off on my birthday last year - wasn't due til 2017.  Didn't ask, just grinned happily for a few days.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.