Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax dispute date

tag
cpereyra1

Equifax dispute date

Hello,

I cleared a collection from my account because of an incorrect social back in early September.  In mid September I received a letter from the company that had my collection stating that the collection had been removed and all three credit bureaus would be contacted.  On the 2nd or 3rd of October I filled a dispute on Equifax because it was still showing.  It has been almost a month and the dispute is still pending.  I had filled another dispute about a week after that one and that one cleared in about a week.  I called equifax this Monday and they said usually when it takes so long is because the company does not respond.  The action towards that is it will drop after being open for a month because of no response.  Can anyone confirm this is how to process work, or inform me on how it does work?

Thanks to everyone.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax dispute date

If they don't respond, it should be removed.  It does take awhile and EQ is so slow.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.