Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax dispute made score tank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax dispute made score tank

I disputed a paid satisfied court judgement that was deleted on tu and experian and equifax will not remove it and it was vacated by courts and they claim to have verified it. Plus my student loans were all iib and not dc and they report as negative and my score tanked sixty points for items that were already reporting. Sigh. My scores are 644 tu 600 ex 540 eq.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Re: Equifax dispute made score tank

For the vacated judgement, did you send copy of the paperwork from the courts showing vacate to the cra that wont delete? Also, how long ago did you send it? If they wont delete after sending proof, you might file a complaint with the cfpb, making sure you send the paperwork to them.

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax dispute made score tank

EQ is being a pill lstely in refusing to delete vacated judgments. they have no choice, either send them an intent to sue letter with copy of it being vacated or file a CFPB complaint. Violations of the FCRA are worth 1K each to you if you decided to sue them.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.