Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax dispute process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax dispute process

Equifax are so damn anal.  I called today and the lady I spoke with said that they had verify one of my collections by my address and SS#.  So I asked her " so if I have your name, D.O.B, and SS# and get directv does it mean that you stayed at the address where the service were stored? she couldn't say nothing.  Then I had another item that I disputed on 4-3-16 and she saying that it wasn't showing that I disputed the account.  So when I log in it shows that I disputed the item but with all those fancy systems up there at equifax they can't seem to see where I disputed the item..  I wonder if I can get the CFPB involved. This is plain out ridiculous. 

Message 11 of 12
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax dispute process

@Anonymous wrote:

Disputing on Equifax.  Already completed same task on TRANSUNION last month, love them, TU, albeit being my lowest scorer they make the process easy.

Email from Equifax on Sunday, give confirmation number and link to check my dispute progress. 

Checked today.

No active disputes. Can't view current updated report without buying it. Computer error or...

I spoke with a very helpful rep today to remove fraud alert on my acct., which they technically call a dispute. She gave me a #  to call & check because I told her I always have issues signing into EQ site. Hope it helps you

1-866-349-5186

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.