Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax dispute status question

tag
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

Equifax dispute status question

So my EX and TU reports are 100% clean. I had one baddie (judgment) on EQ that I disputed of 6/9 for ownership. 

This morning I checked the online dispute status and it said "pending" with a estimated completion date of 6/22 (yesterday). I thought that was weird and figured I'd try it again this evening. 

Checked around 5pm and now the dispute status says "completed" and gives me a link to the results and updated report. 

Here's my problem/question. The dispute results clearly say "this item has been deleted". However, the updated report they sent still has the judgment they said they deleted...?? 

Is this normal? I checked my EQ report through another site (USAA) and the judgment is definitely still on my EQ report. 

Did I jump the gun, and my report will update tonight to reflect the deletion? 

I've heard so many people get the run around with equifax, I'm just trying to figure out if this is standard procedure. 

Thanks!! 

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax dispute status question

That's weird that it would show deleted, and then show again on your new report. I would wait another day and refresh your reports before contacting anyone, in my opinion. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 11
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

That's weird that it would show deleted, and then show again on your new report. I would wait another day and refresh your reports before contacting anyone, in my opinion. 

Yea I find it very odd that the "updated" report would be sent to me with the deleted item still showing. 

I've re-read the dispute results at least 10 times... Thinking maybe I'm going nuts! 

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |

Message 3 of 11
GooseGirl
Contributor

If it is still showing up in the Public Records section of your updated report that doesn't seem to match what the dispute results state. I would give them a call tomorrow and ask questions.

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 4 of 11
NY2014
Established Contributor

Same happen to me 06/12 and still on only they updated the reporting the date 06/12 and last report was 05/11 go figure and another result after which I didn't dispute again Capital one after fight a closed account there mistake results come back investigation results investigation removed and account will stay on credit report as open account next day totally gone .removed wrong account again and balance reported wrong . You would think a mess someone's in charge should have a Alcohol and drug test something.!!
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 5 of 11
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

Just checked my EQ report again this morning, and the "deleted" item is still showing.  I am not very impressed with Equifax right now...

Im going to call their wonderful offshore customer service line and see what they say.

Message 6 of 11
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

Just checked my EQ report again this morning, and the "deleted" item is still showing.  I am not very impressed with Equifax right now...

Im going to call their wonderful offshore customer service line and see what they say.

This company is something else...

The rep was very nice, verified that the item was supposed to be deleted per the dispute results, and also verified that it was still showing incorrectly on my report.

However, she had NO CLUE as to why this would happen.  I was put on hold for 10 minutes, and then she says that "due to a system issue, they are unable to manually delete it", but she will have someone look at it by the end of the day.  

I'm supposed to get an email when this is corrected.  But since I never even got an email when my original dispute results were ready...I'm not going to bet on this happening.

Moral of story...don't assume it's fixed just becuase they say it is! 

Update:  Just looked online at the disupte status page...all they did was open up another dispute with a completion date of 7/21.  Are you kidding me? 

Message 7 of 11
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

Just to update this thread...

I never received an email or updated report from EQ as promised by their CSR yesterday.

The dispute status still shows pending through EQ website.

However, when I pulled my reports from USAA this morning, the judgment has been deleted from EQ.

It took forever to have this erroneous public record removed but...

I am now 100% clean on all my reports!

Message 8 of 11
Carrie_in_Pa
Established Member

Congratulation on the clean reports !!!

Starting Score: 382 - 418 (2005) -- Current Score: 628 (TU08) -- 661 (Beacon 5.0) -- Goal Score: 750+
Into the Garden 6-15-2014 -- Digging in the dirt until 6-2015
Message 9 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Squeaky clean, Shogun likes!  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.