Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax early exclusion question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax early exclusion question

Hey guys. I have this one negative that is really ruining my score. Its getting deleted Sept 2015. Once it falls off, it will finally push me above 650, and I need a car. Transunion deleted it last month after speaking to a supervisior. EX is deleting in July 1st, 3 months in advance for me, although im almost positive I can get them to delete it when I call June 1st. Equifax acts as if the words early exclusion doesnt exist. I spoke to 7 different people and a supervisor and they all told me the same thing. " We can not delete any accounts, you need to call the original creditor ". So whats going on here? Is this a new policy with them or do I need to keep calling?

On the brightside, the woman told me that if I pay my judgement on my account which is due to fall off oct 2016, that it will be deleted as soon as proof of payment shows up, being that I live in new york and in new york, if you pay a judgement, it only stays on your report for 5 years. =] So I will be paying that asap.

So what do I do about these crazy people at Equifax??

Thanks 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax early exclusion question

EQ seems to be the toughest nut to crack, in regards to early exclusion.   On my last call to them, I was told they may be able to exclude one month early.   So I'll call later.

Early exclusion is essentially GW directed toward the CRAs.   Same rules apply...it's often a matter of luck and persistence.    If they don't bend, you may want to look in the Auto Loan boards and see which lenders use TU or EX, should you need to get a car prior to the EQ exclusion.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 3
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

Re: Equifax early exclusion question

Of the three reporting agencies, Equfax is by far the worst in every respect. And the contest isn't even close. There is a reason why 60 Minutes focused on Equifax in its story of the reporting abuses and why the multi million judgments are against Equifax. It's not a coincidence. Just yesterday a man in the US finally had Equifax accept his legal name and are now reporting it. This man's last name is "God," which is a very common name in his birth country. It's like Equifax decides it doesn't like the name Jones and refuses to report anyone with that last name. Of course, perhaps there are many more people named Jesus that those people have already been able to have their names reported.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.