Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax fight.. Round 2! *ding ding*

tag
James1992
Valued Member

Equifax fight.. Round 2! *ding ding*

So yesterday, after hammering away at the manager of the manager of the Fraud department.. and I mean litterally, hammering him with the "Are you going to follow the FRCA or not, yes or no, answer the question!" With him trying very hard to just say "We are not allowed to discuss the law sir" over and over again..

I was frustrated, and a bit mad..

But then...changes.

I was really callign about the 3 TL and collection that were fraudulent that EQ refuses to remove.. experian and TU did it no issues.. EQ.. saying that I  *MUST* have a police report that a notorized FTC fraud affadavit is and I quote "A useless piece of paper that anyone can get" So I watch these three lines and the collection like a hawk..

But they've changed.

On EQ's site, the TL's were listed as negative items, and the Collection was listed under collections.

But today...

the Collection is just GONE.

The three TL's aren't gone exactly.. but.. they aren't showing up as negative items either.. they are just listed as "closed"  just .. closed. No disputes, nothing else.. just.. closed.

Anyone else seen this? I still want them gone, I redisputed them, and will continue to fight tooth and nail to get them off.

(And yes I tried to file a police report, but my local police wouldn't take the report "due to the age of the fraud")

But anyone else seen this.. it's very strange.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Equifax fight.. Round 2! *ding ding*

Can you go to a different PD?  If you just found them their age shouldn't matter.

Do the accounts have the CAs name on them?

Message 2 of 5
James1992
Valued Member

Sorry not clear on what you mean? Same accounts.. just moved from negative to closed. It's .. werid.

Message 3 of 5
Mryucky

Just sue 'em!

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/equifax-loses-186-million-lawsuit/story?id=19803421

Cap1 Secure card $300, BofA Secure card $300, CU Secure Loan, all July 2013

Starting Score: 7/7/2013 EQ.com - EQ 639 TU 576 EX 566
Current Score: 8/7/2013 EQ.com EQ 605, CK TU 637, CS EX 627
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
James1992
Valued Member

And now the accounts are all back negative.. cept the collections account which is still gone.. and they readded a 4th account back in as negative.

Equifax gives me ulcers

If I can't get identity theft removed without a police report, and the police won't take my report, what am I supposed to do?

(Note: i was given the idea of contacting the local DA, and explaining it to them to see if the DA can get the police to take my report. Will try that this week)

Experian? No problems

Transunion? No problems

*sigh*

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.