cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax is really getting on my nerves....why are they so darn DIFFICULT?

tag
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax is really getting on my nerves....why are they so darn DIFFICULT?

Thank you so much....your postings really did inspire me to fight harder. I'll try not to get upset when they shoot me down next time lol. Also, I will contact BOA like Robert said. He's awesome, helped me lots when I first started rebuilding. 

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it was updated to pays as agrees is it still reporting as a negative account? I realize you said there was a comment on it but if it is no longer in the negative account section then it might not be a bad thing to have it report for the longer period of time.

Message 12 of 18
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If it was updated to pays as agrees is it still reporting as a negative account? I realize you said there was a comment on it but if it is no longer in the negative account section then it might not be a bad thing to have it report for the longer period of time.

I believe it would still be filed under the closed negative accounts because of the late payments. Thanks for your input.  

TCL= $172,800
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 18
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Just checked and it's shown as I said above.
TCL= $172,800

Message 14 of 18
thehollowaytape
Contributor

When were your last late payments? They should drop off 7 years after the reported date, and once the last late drops off it should become a positive account.

Message 15 of 18
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

They started in Aug 2009 and was settled and paid by May 2010.

TCL= $172,800

Message 16 of 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Current status does not have any historical significance, and paid or pays as agreed does not mean it is not a negative account.

Derogs have credit report exclusion periods, and until excluded, make the account "negative"  regardless of whether the account has been returned to a non-delinquency current status.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DoroLucky wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe it would still be filed under the closed negative accounts because of the late payments. Thanks for your input.  

Once the last late payment becomes excluded (7 years after it occurred), it WILL be considered a positive account, and will remain on your report until ten years from the date it was closed, adding to your AAoA. You would be shooting yourself in the foot by getting it removed. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.