cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax is refusing to remove 2 paid in full charge off items 2 months prior to them falling off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax is refusing to remove 2 paid in full charge off items 2 months prior to them falling off

Pretty sure with Equifax you wont be able to get early delete (early Exclusion). It will literally be one month before the posted age off that they will disappear. Transunion will typically do 6 months early and Experian will do 3 months early. YMMV but that's the general timeframe I have seen while researching my own EEs. I was able to get Transunion to do an EE on the two they had on mine and EX did one of the 2. I havent even attempted EQ because of what others have posted about the 1 month early policy and I am still about 4 months out on the one with them.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax is refusing to remove 2 paid in full charge off items 2 months prior to them falling off

Yes this is correct. Transunion and Experian have both removed the last remaining items and both reports are clear 5 months early. 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes this is correct. Transunion and Experian have both removed the last remaining items and both reports are clear 5 months early. 

The last EQ CSR I spoke with, which was last week, said that I 'could' call in one week before the regular fall off date.

I pretended excitement about that and said thanks.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The last EQ CSR I spoke with, which was last week, said that I 'could' call in one week before the regular fall off date.

I pretended excitement about that and said thanks.

Oh my goodness, such amazing generosity!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the gazillion posts I've read on here you have to get a supervisor and you have to use the language "early exclusion". Most regular CSR's don't even understand that language. Try again. Good luck!

Message 15 of 17
sjt
Senior Contributor

What if you dispute it as "obsolete"

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

What if you dispute it as "obsolete"

Eq  would go through their process of validating the account and likely deem it as correct and it would still continue on the report until the drop off date. Basically, it won't work. At least, that's what I've seen and read.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.