Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax is stubborn!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax is stubborn!

I started checking my credit in Jan 2016 . I was shocked to see many inquires I never authorized and some collections that should have been paid. My scores were sub 540. I filed some disputes and started an identity theft investigation . Experian removed all the inquires and collections in question with no hesitation. Transunion removed the collections but would not remove the inquires. I filed a bbb case and still had no luck so I filed a cfpb case and they removed them. I never had any collections on equifax just inquiries so I disputed them and got the letter about being factual. I filed a bbb case and that didn't help so again I filed a cfpb case and they removed them. After this suddenly equifax found some collections to report. Twice I submitted documents showing they shouldn't have been in collections and they were paid but they will not remove them. I'm currently waiting there response to the cfpb on this matter. I have spoke to the collection company and they state they have deleted them. Today my score score is 706,683,610 equifax being the lowest due to collections.
I guess my biggest question is why would these update on my equifax report now when they have never been there before? It's been over a month since I got the original company to resubmit the bills to my insurance and got them cleared.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Equifax is stubborn!

Were the debts that were referred for collection ultimately paid by medical insurance?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they were paid by insurance. One of them the was already paid and the creditor mysteriously found the insurance check only after I disputed it.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found equifax being the hardest to deal with.  I have a letter from a collector stating that the account would be delete and request to all 3 bureaus submitted for deletion.  Still to no surprise equifax has yet to delete the account.  So, my only suggestion is to go over equifax's head and handle it that way.  

Message 5 of 6
thehollowaytape
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I found equifax being the hardest to deal with.  I have a letter from a collector stating that the account would be delete and request to all 3 bureaus submitted for deletion.  Still to no surprise equifax has yet to delete the account.  So, my only suggestion is to go over equifax's head and handle it that way.  

Agreed. Equifax is the WORST. Just had to file a complaint about an item on my EQ report with the CFPB. Disputed it and they took the full 30 days and then some to come back and say the account is "verified."

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.