guiness56

Re: Equifax is telling me Account will stay on my credit report for 14 years?????

caregirl747 wrote:
are you saying they get everything that has been deleted also???

If you are referring to the applying for a mortage over $150,000, yes, the creditor has the right to ask for your credit file, which is different than your credit report.
Contributor
techno-pagan

Re: Equifax is telling me Account will stay on my credit report for 14 years?????

This is interesting.  So this "credit file" is not governed by the FCRA?  Do you have any more info on this - I'd like to do some reading.  

guiness56 wrote:

caregirl747 wrote:
are you saying they get everything that has been deleted also???

If you are referring to the applying for a mortage over $150,000, yes, the creditor has the right to ask for your credit file, which is different than your credit report.

TU (3/30/09): 771
EQ (3/30/09): 751
EX (5/19/08): 715
guiness56

It is governed by the FCRA. 

Look at the FCRA section 605 Requirements relating to information contained in consumer reports

In part this is what it says:

(b) Exempted cases. The provisions of paragraphs (1) through (5) of subsection (a) of

this section are not applicable in the case of any consumer credit report to be used in

connection with

(1) a credit transaction involving, or which may reasonably be expected to involve, a

principal amount of $150,000 or more;

(2) the underwriting of life insurance involving, or which may reasonably be

expected to involve, a face amount of $150,000 or more; or

(3) the employment of any individual at an annual salary which equals, or which may

reasonably be expected to equal $75,000, or more.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}