Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax is the most strict CRA

tag
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax is the most strict CRA

I am doing a rapid rescore this week and we aren't even going to bother with EQ because of how off balanced they are with the other CRAs.

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 24
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

how much is that running you? 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 12 of 24
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

It is expensive but my lending officer is paying for it, not us. It is $50per tradeline per CRA. I have 7 cards that I payed off times 2 (TU and EX), so $700!!

Message 13 of 24
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Bedcreditben, I noticed that you said it costs $90 per tradeline.... You may want to find a new LO, as they are clearly marking it up. CRA's charge $50... And mine is paying for it, not us. We only need a midscore of 620 and my scores are EQ531, TU589, and EX603, so we aren't even going to bother with EQ...

Message 14 of 24
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

WOW, wait, how is he paying for it? lol... and who is he working with?!?! i want to go with them,!!!! LOL

EDIT:

Our lender also told us that we only need a 600, but will require manual underwriting ...

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 15 of 24
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

ps - it was 30$ per item, per cra..... 

Message 16 of 24
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

The LO is paying for it. We can't order a RR, only a LO can. $30 is what your LO pays, or what you pay? Ours said that she is charge $50 for the RR. Our LO said that she never ever sees an FHA for under 620. She said that banks will say they do, but they always fall apart in underwritting. I have seen a few people on here who say that they have closed with less than 620, but she said she has never seen it. She was with Well Fargo Special for 12 years and now has her own office.

Message 17 of 24
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Weird mine is a WellsFargo person too!

What in the world!!!!

And that 30$ PER Trade Line PER CRA was what we would have paid...... 

Message 18 of 24
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

I think it is so personalized, who really knows!! We are fortunate that we don't have to pay for it at all. She isn't charging us!

Message 19 of 24
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

my TU is the lowest.... what in the worl.d can i do? Smiley Sad EQ is such a pain to work with. 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.