cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax isn't updating, send copy of letter?

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Equifax isn't updating, send copy of letter?

I have a lone medical collection sitting on EQ. I received a letter from the CA on 3/23 saying they have requested deletion. EX reflected within a few days, but EQ still sits there.  Should I send a copy of the letter to EQ or give it a few more weeks? I want to see if I get any bumpage with this last collection dropping off!

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: Equifax isn't updating, send copy of letter?

Bumping...any thoughts?

Message 2 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I would just disput it online. If that doesn't work then send letter
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I doubt that the CRA will jump into the middle of resolving an issue of a promise made to you, particularly when the promise relates to deletion  with no specified reason why it should be deleted.

It's up to the furnisher to report their actions, not the CRA to act as a judge and do it for them.

Message 4 of 5
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

I should clarify, it was paid in full and is beign withdrawn per HIPAA.  I know the CA updated, as it came off of EX, but I'm wondering what is taking EQ so long to update.  I should add the EQ still hasn't updated a balance that I paid down the middle of March, either.  EQ was split until a few months ago which is making me wonder if it's messed up again.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.