Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax lien withdrawl failure

tag
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Equifax lien withdrawl failure

So I have my form from the IRS that my tax lien has been withdrawn.  I sent a copy to all 3 CRA's and TU and EX removed it within a week.  Equifax however has come back claiming that they verified that it is mine. 

How do I proceed.  Do I call them again.  But I know if you call about the same item to many times they can ignore you. 

Do I write a letter and include documentation from the IRS that with this form the inforamtion should be removed from the Credit Report?

Kinda flustrated I thought this was over and now EQ is being annoying.

09Lexie I know you have done the tax lien thing any reccomendations?

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax lien withdrawl failure

@TimeToRecover wrote:

So I have my form from the IRS that my tax lien has been withdrawn.  I sent a copy to all 3 CRA's and TU and EX removed it within a week.  Equifax however has come back claiming that they verified that it is mine. 

How do I proceed.  Do I call them again.  But I know if you call about the same item to many times they can ignore you. 

Do I write a letter and include documentation from the IRS that with this form the inforamtion should be removed from the Credit Report?

Kinda flustrated I thought this was over and now EQ is being annoying.

09Lexie I know you have done the tax lien thing any reccomendations?

Write EQ a letter stating it has been withdrawn also sending a copy of the IRS letter. 

Message 2 of 8
justrock
Frequent Contributor

Try the consumer financial protection bureau.  They are the new agency that the Obama administration set up.  Go to their website, it is super simple to use, you can upload your documents, and they email you every step of the way.  They supposedly have a lot of clout.  They were suggested to me by someone else on this board and they are now helping me clear up some incorrect lien information.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
coterotie
Established Contributor

I don't know what Equifax has against folllowing the law on Tax Liens.  Experian and TU both removed mine properly.  I furnished Equifax the letter from the state saying it was being reported erroneously, gave them the lien release, page and book number, a copy of the recorded letter from the state stating it should be removed and they still won't remove it from my CR.

Message 4 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

File a complaint with the FTC

Message 5 of 8
PrettyPeacock
Contributor

Ugggh, I feel bad I didn't read the boards this past week.  Needed a mental week off of all this obsessive behavior I have been having with my credit report & such. Needless to say the exact same thing happened to me when I faxed in all my lien releases and a quick note about asking them to withdrawl it from my CR and experian did it in under 7 hours, TU sent a letter saying, DELETED.  But equifax sent letter stating it was already released (as I had it paid off) and so the didn't do anything to withdrawal it.  So I just called the number the next day, recorded it, and he spent some time working on and I was put on hold several times but then came back saying they had to open a dispute but that it will be removed within 30 days.  I told him a 30 day wait wasn't good for me.  But I thought I would choose my battles wisely and then proceeded to butter him up some. 

A coouple days later I get a ltr in the post that said they opened a dispute and it could take 30 days but then like 2 days later got another leter saying ti was DELETED from file.  So, it might take a few more minutes of your time and aggrevation but just call them.  They were helpful.   Good luck.

4/13 CS from TU 599 11/3/13 Current FICO TU: 672, EQ 680
Negs: BK charged-off Jan '09, KS tax lien PAID, but still trying to figure out how to get it removed and 10 IIB accounts
Happiness: Merrick $750  |  Cap One $300  |  USBank $300  |  Victoria's Secret $500  |  The Buckle $250  |  JCrew $250  |  Express $250  |  Cap One $2000(AU)  |  Fingerhut $850 | Kohls (AU) $3000
Goals are 760 to buy a home & to stay in the Garden til 2/14
Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Calling is what I had to do with EQ. For some reason they needed to be walked through the forms. It took 15 min but it worked.
Message 7 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

It's just so FANTASTIC that we have nitwits handing OUR accounts.   File with the FTC. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.