Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax not deleting?

tag
Buckeye07
Established Member

Equifax not deleting?

A credit submitted a request via e oscar to have a collection account removed from my report on 6/20/13 and its still on there! I called them last Friday (7/5/13) and told them it was still on there and they said there may have been an issue with the acount number, so they resubmitted the request and gave me a confirmation number.  It's 7/11, how is it still on there!!??  I also initiated a dispute on 7/5 so Im hoping that can help resolve this because Im getting impatient.  Has anyone ever had a problem like this?  I know that the creditor is cooperating because when they initially sent all the requests for removal, the account came off of experian the next day and transunion the next week...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax not deleting?

@Buckeye07 wrote:

A credit submitted a request via e oscar to have a collection account removed from my report on 6/20/13 and its still on there! I called them last Friday (7/5/13) and told them it was still on there and they said there may have been an issue with the acount number, so they resubmitted the request and gave me a confirmation number.  It's 7/11, how is it still on there!!??  I also initiated a dispute on 7/5 so Im hoping that can help resolve this because Im getting impatient.  Has anyone ever had a problem like this?  I know that the creditor is cooperating because when they initially sent all the requests for removal, the account came off of experian the next day and transunion the next week...

You initiaing the dispute is probably what jacked it up...

Once the dispute is initiated, they have a process they follow.. trust me, I did it myself due to impatience... regardless of the confirmation number and what not, this probably is holding up the account while they 'investigate' your claim.. 

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 9
Buckeye07
Established Member

I know I told the idiot over the phone I didnt want to dispute it and he said he was just sending a "request", it ended up being a dispute though.  However,  I believe the company sent in the request for the deletion on 7/5 prior to receiving, or at least independently from the dispute investigation.  Either way, how long am I looking at for either route? Im getting impatient because Im trying to apply for a new CC before a recently acquired card reports as a new account on 7/26...

Message 3 of 9
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

I am having the same problem with EQ as well. I wish i would have never disputed it. EX and TU have deleted and updated the info as it should be but EQ is taking it time. I really dont know what I am going to do cuz i need this removed yesterday as i am applying for a mortgage this week. I am going to call them tomorrow and see if threatening with contacting the FTC will put some fire in them. Is that a good idea?

Message 4 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Probably not.  

If anything I would use the BBB for poor business practices.

Message 5 of 9
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Thanx guiness.... I got a SW alert right after I posted that (maybe some1 from EQ was reading) and I gained 30+ so I am guessing that they removed the collections but I am wondering about the dispute comments being removed though. I logged and it said dispute still pending. If it is not removed than I am going to call Dorothy like everyone else (again) and start throwing some bbb cuz this should have been taken cared of last year after it was validated.

Message 6 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 7 of 9
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

If the TL is removed, there can't be any dispute comments left.

This i know but the TL with the dispute comments i did not pfd. I just wanted the comments removed that TL is old and will fall off in a couple of months (i plan 2 settle once that happens) Dont want it to update....

Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@swtneka wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

If the TL is removed, there can't be any dispute comments left.

This i know but the TL with the dispute comments i did not pfd. I just wanted the comments removed that TL is old and will fall off in a couple of months (i plan 2 settle once that happens) Dont want it to update....

Oh lol.  I was thinking it was the same one.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.