Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax not deleting...

tag
MoreInfo1
Regular Contributor

Equifax not deleting...

I have a collection that was paid to the OC and the collection company told me they ordered a deletion of the credit reporting via AUD manual Deletion a couple months afterwards. The account has been deleted off my Transunion and Experian reports but I've just recently found out it is still reporting on my Equifax report as unpaid. It's been almost three months since the collection company emailed me about the deletion. I've tried to look through other threads and it appears that this occurs with Equifax but I'm unsure of how to proceed with getting the account removed from my CR?

I've read on the forums here that someone else tried to dispute it with Equifax and it just comes back verified, even with the letter the collection agency sent them...Although I haven't tried disputing yet, I'm in the process of trying to buy my first home and would like it gone ASAP. Any help/suggestions regarding what my next step is would be very much appreciated!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Equifax not deleting...

Contact the CA again and let them know it is still on your EQ and showing as unpaid.  See what they can do.

What does the email from them say?

Message 2 of 10
MoreInfo1
Regular Contributor

I will try contacting them again regarding it not being removed for Equifax. I had also read somewhere Equifax will only do so electronically- not sure what the process with the collection agency is but I will try to see what's going on with it. Thanks Guiness!

The account took a while to resolve but I had paid ComCast the balance they stated I owed them when I started service with them again, as they stated I couldn't have any prior owed balance to restart the service. ComCast also told me it would be forwarded to the collection company but I didn't see anything happening so I sent a DV to the collection company. They didn't respond so I filed a complaint through CFPB at the end of October 2013 and received the following email early November 2013:

Stellar Recovery did receive notification from ComCast of a payment in the amount of $172.90 on 08-07-2013, the original balance on the file shows a balance of $212.90 total including what ComCast claims was equipment not returned in the amount of $40.00.  After your payment was made, the $40.00 still showed as a balance due.  We received your notification of validation on 09-16-2013, as of this date, we have not received that validation from our client.  We have closed the file as disputed and returned the remaining balance back to ComCast.  We have ordered deletion of the credit reporting via AUD manual Deletion, confirmation number is 67548578.

Message 3 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Deletions are done manually at the CRA not electronically.  EQ seems to lag behind the others IMO.  It can take up to 90 days.

Did they send you a copy of the AUD or just a reference?

Message 4 of 10
MoreInfo1
Regular Contributor

They only provided the confirmation number on the email.

Okay, 90th day would be 01/31/14 so I'll wait until mid February and if it's still on there, I'll try to contact the collection company again.

Thanks, I always really appreciate your quick responses!

Message 5 of 10
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Same situation here...two portfolio accounts deleted from ex and tu instantly..I disputed eq and uploaded the letter from portfolio. We shall see!!!
012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 10
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@MoreInfo1 wrote:

I have a collection that was paid to the OC and the collection company told me they ordered a deletion of the credit reporting via AUD manual Deletion a couple months afterwards. The account has been deleted off my Transunion and Experian reports but I've just recently found out it is still reporting on my Equifax report as unpaid. It's been almost three months since the collection company emailed me about the deletion. I've tried to look through other threads and it appears that this occurs with Equifax but I'm unsure of how to proceed with getting the account removed from my CR?

I've read on the forums here that someone else tried to dispute it with Equifax and it just comes back verified, even with the letter the collection agency sent them...Although I haven't tried disputing yet, I'm in the process of trying to buy my first home and would like it gone ASAP. Any help/suggestions regarding what my next step is would be very much appreciated!

You can dispute it and the reason is that the collection company told you they ordered a deletion.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@MoreInfo1 wrote:

You can dispute it and the reason is that the collection company told you they ordered a deletion.

That isn't a valid reason for a dispute.  It would be between you and the CA.

The CAs and CRAs have an agreement not to delete due to payments.

Message 8 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

It is always best when a deletion is promised based on payment of the debt to simply let the debt collector report the deletion.

If they simply report a deletion, there is no reason for the CRA to question its appropriateness.

While the reason that EQ has not yet deletted has not been stated, and may simply be a time thing, you take a risk when getting a CRA involved in issues of deletion based on payment of the debt.  Such deletions are directly contrary to their policy, and they could refuse such a deletion if aware that it is contrary to their policy.

It is not, in my opinion, wise to dispute lack of deletion with a CRA based on promises to delete.  Let a normal request for deletion run its course, of contact the debt collector and have them clear it up without involving the CRA in the basis for the deletion.

Message 9 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I had the same problem.  Had one with PRA that EX and TU deleted almost immediately.  Just had to be patient because it took EQ awhile to get it done, but eventually they did.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.