Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax online diputes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax online diputes

Has anyone had experience with. The online equifax dispute. I did diputes with all three hours for legitimate items and the other 2 deleted within 1-2 weeks. It's now been 3 weeks and no updates just says pending and no updates on reports. Is this the norm for equifax?
Thanks!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax online diputes

They have up to 30 days

Message 2 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very normal, depending on how long it is taking them to gather any verification they can find or get provided to them about the issue in.question. As zumroff said, they have 30 days.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Whenever you dispute via a CRA, they are required to forward a copy of the dispute to the party who reported the disputed information.

The CRA must complete their reinvestigation within 30 days of filing, and depending upon when they receive the required response from the furnisher, could take the full 30 days. 

They then have an additional 5 business days after conclusion of the reinvestigation period to send the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation.

It can routiney take a month a a half.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that's what I figured, but it was odd since the other 2 were so quick. I sent all documentation to show satisfied judgements from the courts so I thought that may speed it up. The other two deleted the judgments.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my experience, the longer it takes the more likely it is to be removed
Message 6 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you weredisputing a judgment, there is no "furnisher" to which they send the dispute for investigation and response.

Public record information is verified directly by the CRA by re-checking the public record.

If satisfaction of the judgment was basis for the dispute, then the dispute could be dismissed without any investigation, as that is not an inaccuracy in the information, and not a basis for any investigation. 

Message 7 of 9
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

If you weredisputing a judgment, there is no "furnisher" to which they send the dispute for investigation and response.

Public record information is verified directly by the CRA by re-checking the public record.

If satisfaction of the judgment was basis for the dispute, then the dispute could be dismissed without any investigation, as that is not an inaccuracy in the information, and not a basis for any investigation. 

I am also disputing a judgement from midland funding. Trying to get Equifax to remove this thing is like pulling my own teeth! I have submitted documents which explains a class action lawsuit against them in which I 've opted in and requesting early exclusion but, they just wont bite. Last guy I talked to seemed to understand where I was coming from at least I thought. So out of sure curiosity checked my dispute status and to my amazement they're holding the line claiming judgement has been satisfied

and havent removed it from my file. Took them all but the same day to come to this conclusion. toatal bs.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

RobertEG,
Even if they have been reporting them as full balance dues for the past few years and they have been satisfied. They should be at least updated to satisfied. The other two just deleted them when I sent the satisfaction forms in with th diputes. Seems a bit tricky with equifax I guess
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.