Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax payment history

tag
jn1980
New Contributor

Equifax payment history

My payment history for Equifax is lik 87% on time as opposed to 96% like it is on TU and EX. I finally figured out why. Equifax isnt reporting my on time payment history for 4 closed accounts. It just says "pays as agreed, never late" but it isnt listing any monthly history. Do I dispute with Equifax to get the good history reported? 

10/31/2017 - About 700 all around
07/01/15: EQ - 658 TU - 686 EX - 697
Goal: 700
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax payment history

@jn1980 wrote:

My payment history for Equifax is lik 87% on time as opposed to 96% like it is on TU and EX. I finally figured out why. Equifax isnt reporting my on time payment history for 4 closed accounts. It just says "pays as agreed, never late" but it isnt listing any monthly history. Do I dispute with Equifax to get the good history reported? 

There is no basis for a dispute here, a creditor is not forced to report a monthly payment history, the only law is that if they report it must be  accurate. If you have a pristine history with the creditor I would suggest you call them directly and see if they can report it for you. If its less than stellar I would let sleeping dogs lie. I also will warn you that since its closed the call to them could result in the total deletion so there is a risk.

Message 2 of 4
jn1980
New Contributor

Thanks! Its funny, I have zero lates on these FOUR accounts that are not being reported. And they are only not being reported on Equifax. So I sent the two companies messages to see if they will report to Equifax. It's weird how it's only the one CRA that doesn't have the monthly info....
10/31/2017 - About 700 all around
07/01/15: EQ - 658 TU - 686 EX - 697
Goal: 700
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue for an auto loan - opened on '05, closed in '11 with 60 on time payments showing in EX and TU but not Equifax.   I just called the lender, Chase and they said they won't update it.    A little nervous about askign EQ to fix it!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.