Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax problem

tag
Hdcut18
Established Member

Equifax problem

So the only thing holding me back is my Equifax, it really hasn't grown as much as tu and exp. I noticed that there double reporting some stuff mainly my student loan making look like I owe more than I do. Now I've tried online, phone and standard mail disputes. No dice. I Even used a credit repair company, again nothing. What should I do next before I get a lawyer? I'd hate to spend all that money just to a couple errors corrected. Thanks in advanced.
First priemier 300, capital one secured 850, capital one platinum 500, capital one quicksilver 500, Barclay MasterCard 1000.

Myfico ex 588, tu 621, ex 606
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Hdcut18
Established Member

Re: Equifax problem

Bump
First priemier 300, capital one secured 850, capital one platinum 500, capital one quicksilver 500, Barclay MasterCard 1000.

Message 2 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Splitting of student loan accounts appears to be fairly common under certain situations.

I would suggest posting in the Student Loans forum for advise from the experts in that area.....

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

any chance they were direct student loans?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are they defaulted or otherwise derogatory?

@Hdcut18 wrote:
So the only thing holding me back is my Equifax, it really hasn't grown as much as tu and exp. I noticed that there double reporting some stuff mainly my student loan making look like I owe more than I do. Now I've tried online, phone and standard mail disputes. No dice. I Even used a credit repair company, again nothing. What should I do next before I get a lawyer? I'd hate to spend all that money just to a couple errors corrected. Thanks in advanced.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also try disputing via the Dept of Edu or the Office of the Ombudsman, that way if you have to file a case you can show that you have exhausted all other avenues

Message 6 of 10
Hdcut18
Established Member

What's a direct student loan?

Message 7 of 10
Hdcut18
Established Member

Nope no default or derogs, paid and paying. Will be done by spring

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were the original loan service provider for my loans. They stopped servicing my loans and transferred them to NelNet. Terrible company! Anyway I have some lates due to not filing the paperwork to extend my deferrment and I got the Direct Loans deleted since I had both accounts posted ie... double reporting.

Message 9 of 10
Hdcut18
Established Member

Interesting

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.