cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax refuses to work with OC, what to do?

tag
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

Equifax refuses to work with OC, what to do?

I have been trying to get this student loan removed for a couple weeks now... the nice lady at the company who is "reporting" it says they do not have a loan for my husband, and though Equifax "verified" the dispute, they did NOT verify it.  She thinks the current furnisher of our loan did it, something to do with a mix up when they sold loans to them or something... anyway... I emailed Equifax and they called my husband- they gave him a number for the OC to call, saying they could walk them through verifying that this information is incorrect and that it would be removed in 24-48 hours.  When the lady called, they said they could not do that.  I am at aloss with Equifax, they are so difficult to work with, even for the furnisher of the information!  Any advice on what to do next if they refuse to remove it?  The OC said she would send us a letter, and we could send that to them- but lord knows all that will do is open another dispute, for them to "investigate", and call the SAME person who they just spoke to... which will be another 30 days... we cant wait that long.  UGH! Smiley Mad

Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
coterotie
Established Contributor

Re: Equifax refuses to work with OC, what to do?

Get the letter ASAP.  Then open a dispute with the CFPB.  You can upload a document transcribing all the issues you have had plus a copy of the letter.  This shoud get it resolved.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.