Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax reinsertion

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Equifax reinsertion

I disputed a federal tax lien with Equifax.

Two weeks later I thought it would speed things up if I mailed them the court recorded withdrawal. I believe they opened a second dispute on this item at this time. They deleted the lien within a day of receiving the proof of withdrawal. I received a letter that my investigation was complete and the lien was deleted.

Two more weeks pass and the first investigation is completed and comes back with the lien as verified. The lien that was deleted for about 2 weeks is now reinserted. I did not get any special notice of reinsertion, but I did get the standard letter saying the item was verified as the result of reinvestigation.

What is my quickest course of action to get the items deleted again?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sybo40
Regular Contributor

Re: Equifax reinsertion

Interesting...I had this same thing to happen to me on a BK with Experian.  Experian removed it, then verified about 2-3 weeks later and added back in.  I just left it alone since the BK was more than 7 years old.  It's not appearing on my TU report anymore, but is on EQ and EX.

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: TU: 656; EQ: 607; EX: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

I assume they will delete it as soon as I explain their mistake. A fax seems like the quickest way to get it done, assuming it was an innocient mistake they are willing to fix upon being alerted (I know I might be giving them too much credit). Does Equifax have a fax number for this sort of thing?

Message 3 of 4
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

I faxed them a letter on Sunday. The item was deleted on Monday.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.