cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax removed item that I didnt want them too.

tag
blk8
Regular Contributor

Equifax removed item that I didnt want them too.

I had a car loan with HSBC Auto Finance that I paid for 3 years in good standing. The last payment they reported on 3/2011 was shown as 30 day late before they were bought out by Santander Consumer USA. I was never late with them and the payoff check was re-directed due to the aquisition of the company. I disputed it with EQ as "never being late" and the results came in and they just remove the entire trade line.

Im wondering if I should accept this or should I argue to have it back on but not showing late. How does this impact my credit?

On a side note, HSBC Auto is obviously no longer in business.... and the Santander trade line shows current for one month than paid off.

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax removed item that I didnt want them too.

Unless the line was "flawless" - meaning showing NO lates or anything- I would say you are better to just let it drop and not worry about it.  Anyone who pulls your credit would see that you most recent report on the loan was late payments- and that doesn't look too good-  better to just let it stay off.

Message 2 of 7
blk8
Regular Contributor

The trade line had about 2 years of perfect payment history. I'm just not sure wha the value is in me trying to have them put it back on correctly.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

IIRC, the CRA can not pull the TL, there needs to be a request from the OC or CA to have the TL editted/removed.

Message 4 of 7
blk8
Regular Contributor

But they did.

My dispute "account has never been late"

The results: "We have researched the credit account, HSBC Auto Finance Account# xxxxxxxxx The results are: This item has been deleted from the credit file. If you have additional questions about this item, please contact HSBC ............"

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I would move on to the next thing.  I know that myself and others would love to see a TL disappear (I GW'ed Chase just to remove the lates and the pulled the whole thing, I was still happy). 

Work on keeping up an excellent payment history with a current or new CC.

Message 6 of 7
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

IIRC, if the CRA cannot verify the information with the creditor the item gets deleted. It sounds to me that this is what happened.

I agree that, while having it on your report showing 100% flawless payments is best, having it deleted is probably better than showing the most recent payment was a 30-day late.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.