Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax report and scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax report and scores

So I signed up for Scorewatch and my Equifax FICO 8 score was not as bad as I thought it would be but my mortgage score was awful.  This is killing me!  I am trying to get a PFD from my MOST RECENT collection.  Still waiting on EA to remove their account.  The remaining collections are: 1 for $125.00 from 5/14, 2 for $100.00 from 2010, 1 for $322.00 from 2012.  How bad are these OTHER collections hurting me?(Not EA or the MOST RECENT which are $310.00 loan and $295.00 Time Warner both should be gone is a week or two).  I am thinking if I get EA and TW removed completely that my score may go up even with the other accounts. Am I thinking wrong?  Is this clear as mud?  HELP!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax report and scores

@Anonymous wrote:

So I signed up for Scorewatch and my Equifax FICO 8 score was not as bad as I thought it would be but my mortgage score was awful.  This is killing me!  I am trying to get a PFD from my MOST RECENT collection.  Still waiting on EA to remove their account.  The remaining collections are: 1 for $125.00 from 5/14, 2 for $100.00 from 2010, 1 for $322.00 from 2012.  How bad are these OTHER collections hurting me?(Not EA or the MOST RECENT which are $310.00 loan and $295.00 Time Warner both should be gone is a week or two).  I am thinking if I get EA and TW removed completely that my score may go up even with the other accounts. Am I thinking wrong?  Is this clear as mud?  HELP!

The newer the CA removed, the more points you can potentially recover, but....the greatest gains will be at the tail end, with the last two removed.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.