cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax score still low!

tag
lisanav20

Equifax score still low!

I have been working on rebuilding my credit for about a year now. My credit went in the tubes after my divorce. I started out by creating new account and not missing a single payment accounts including installment loans such as harbor loans, koury financial (a local company)  and secured credit cards such as credit one bank, first premier. My transunion score went up 39 points this month. My Equifax score is at a 513. I have two student loans that were collections now are paid but during the course of the loan they were transffered to us department on education and fedloan servicing. The student loans are from six years ago. I also have a credit card gb something threw pay pal that is not mine from 09/08 I was only 17 years old I have never paid anything because I dont believe I should due to the fact I never opened it I have disputed it all these years with no result. It now shows as closed charge off. I hired white jacob and associates last month to help get these things removed. I have built 10 positive accounts on equifax with no late payment some are even paid off, it also shows I have six negative account all are 3-6 years in age. Please help I really want great credit I have been paying severly for bad credit. I currently have a bank account with usaa and navy federal. I went to navy federal to try to open an unsecured card I was denied.

Starting Score: 485 EQ
Current Score: 544 EQ
Goal Score: 640 EQ

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
lisanav20

Re: Equifax score still low!

My question is how can I get my equifax score to where I can at least get financed for a personal loan or unsecured credit card and what company would likely approve me for these things?

Starting Score: 485 EQ
Current Score: 544 EQ
Goal Score: 640 EQ

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
roberttumais

White Jacobs & Associates

How was your experience with White Jacobs & Associates?  Are you still using them?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax score still low!

Disputing (thru CRA's) items that 'aren't yours' or were never authorized by you is a lost cause. The way to get rid of items like these is to report them as ID Theft. You'll need to make a police report and swear an affidavit that the item in question was not authorized by you. You do not need to show any proof or accuse anyone, just swear under penalty of perjury. Then send a copy of police report to CRA's.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.