Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax site

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax site

So a couple of weeks ago, I mailed in to EQ letter asking for EE for some lates on student loans reported back in 2010.  Today I receive an email from them regarding dispute has been opened on my behalf and to sign in for opt in to receive emails as to status along the way.

Now I am freaked out because is that email for real?  I just put in my social and what-not to Opt In for updates.  I didnt want a 'dispute' opened, I just wanted an EE if possible.  I am in the middle of building a house, and didnt want any stupid dispute to show up NOW.  Although we are over a month away from even being CLOSE to locking in with the mortgage company.  Been through pre and UW already so I am not TOO terribly worried about a dispute showing up now.  But ugh. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax site

Yah, that's odd....   I went on line and asked for an early exclusion from them and said account is too old....   They opened a dispute instead of just sending me an email that says deleted or not deleted.....      A few weeks later I get an update from Myfico and the OC changed the DOFD and then a day later got another update and the OC changed it back to the original DOFD....   Wierd.....  So I logged in to the check dispute status and it Equifax doesn't have an update to the dispute still a couple weeks later, nor have I received any update via email regarding it.     Not sure what's going on with them but It seems their system is fould up....

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax site

EE is only supposed to be used on derog accounts not ones with lates in them that are currently or closed in good standing. Lates in good current accounts need GW letters mailed to the reporting creditor

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.