Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax status change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax status change?

Got my CK update, and this account is open?  It used to say that it was sold to another company and was closed.  I'm confused.

Is it possible that they took the account back?  If it is, I want to PFD.

Anyone ever had this happen before?  It hadn't reported in years.

Last Reported
May 13, 2015
Creditor Name
HSBC BANK
Account Type
Credit Card
Account Status
Open
Opened Date
Jan 01, 2010
Closed Date
--
Limit
$300
Term
--
Monthly Payment
$0
Responsibility
Individual Account.
Balance
$0
Highest Balance
$437
Payment Status
Collection/Charge-Off
Worst Payment Status
--
Date of Last Payment
Jun 01, 2010
Amount Past Due
--
Times 30/60/90 Days Late
0/0/0
Remarks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax status change?

Any ideas?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Balance is still 0 so no they did not buy it back. They were most likely informed by the CRAs that you were successfully rebuidling your credit and they decided to knock you down by uopdating it, it looks like a brand new CO to Fico and the commensurate score drop will occur. Its a little eff u from them to your success. There is nothing illegal about it they could update it every month till CRTP if they wanted.

Message 4 of 5
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Got my CK update, and this account is open?  It used to say that it was sold to another company and was closed.  I'm confused.

I check CK just for fun and never take anything on it to heart.  It told me yesterday that one of my accounts  had been deleted, but when I checked, it was still there.  It's an older account that has been PIF and closed so long that it is about time for it to be deleted, but it was still there on both CK and EQ.  Go figure.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.