cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax still showing a car i traded in as a open auto loan and my new auto loan finally reported

tag
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Equifax still showing a car i traded in as a open auto loan and my new auto loan finally reported

I traded in my toyota corolla for a 2012 toyota tacoma around the end of march. My new auto loan just now reported to equifax since my file size was too large and they had to fix it. The way they fixed it was they deleted about 5 of my good paid off positive accounts but left the negative stuff. They also just reported my cloc with navy federal and it was opened in january. Darn equifax and now they still haven't changed my last auto loan to paid in full and the other two bureaus updated it around the first of april. Its killing my score by them doing this but I have already disputed the old auto loan. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process or will I have to wait the full 30 days? I have already called the credit union and let them know about this and they told me to call equifax. Equifax needs to get their stuff together and they shouldn't be allowed to do people this way. I really wish i could sue them for violation of the FCRA. I been dealing with problem after problem with them for the past 2 yrs. At that time they deleted my whole credit file and when they was putting stuff back on they left quite a few of my good paid accounts off making my credit history shorter. But you can bet they will do anything to keep the negative stuff on their for the full 7 yrs. Has anyone else had problems with them like this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax still showing a car i traded in as a open auto loan and my new auto loan finally reporte

Have not had a problem like this, but the negative stuff is supposed to be on for a certain amount of time so of course they're going to keep that around. As far as the open auto loan, you're just going to have to wait the 30 days. CRA's work amazingly slow sometimes on the simplest of requests, but you also have to figure that the volume of disputes they receive on a daily basis is immense. I worked for major health insurance company in the benefits resolution department for which we covered the western US. There were 4 or 5 us that made up this team and there would be times which we were so backed up we wouldn't see a dispute until 2 weeks after it had arrived. From there we'd do what was needed and submit it to a higher up for approval or denial, That would take another couple of days. Then we would send the letter out. So something that could've been answered in a few minutes can easily take 3 or 4 weeks some times.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.