Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax sucks

tag
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Equifax sucks

I got my state tax lien delted with experian and TU,but of course, Equifax won't budge. It figures that the one that everyone checks is the hardest.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Movin_on_up
New Contributor

Re: Equifax sucks

Hi Ando35 - Can we get background for this?  Was it a valid lien?  And was it paid off and the others agreed to delete?  Did EQ give you a reason for not taking it off?

Starting score: EQ FICO 8 702 (1/1/2012)
Current scores: EQ FICO 8: 763 / TU FICO 8: 760 / EX FICO 8: 765

Wallet: Chase Freedom 12K - Discover More 12K - Walmart 1K - Capital One MC 1K
Message 2 of 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

EQ does suck.

I think they are trying to lock me out of my credit file (through the dispute section) for going in too many times. They give me questions that aren't even in my file, which I answer as such, and then I get a system unavailable message.

PITA!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 10
2NE1
Established Contributor

weird.... today I did the same method signing in thru dispute process and I got the "system unavailable message" as well, I thought it was just me. I wonder if it's locked me from having access now. I did check my Experian and I was able to access it without issues. TU I just can't seem to ever be able to log in. They've put some type of security block! ugh.
Message 4 of 10
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

I agree EQ is horrible, I had a vacated judgment that the other 2 removed after sending the court papers but EQ wont, ended up contacting an attorney and as soon as I get the rejection letter from a CC I applied for that says the reason I was rejected is for the judgment we are going to file suit against EQ.

Message 5 of 10
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

ando35:

I'm sorry about your experiences with EQ.  Congrats on having your state tax liens removed from TU and EX.  I'm interested in learning how you managed to remove the lien from those CRAs.

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 6 of 10
Steelersfan904
Regular Contributor

I had the same problem when trying to access EQ, kept asking me questions from somebody else file I guess then said system is unavailable

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 10
ando35
Frequent Contributor

The weird thing is, I wasn't really expecting them to delete it. I wrote to the stae the lien was in and they wrote a letter saying it was released. Then it just automatically dropped off TU magically. Maybe the public records lifted. So then I expected that Equifax would delete since TU did but they did not. Maybe I got lucky?

Message 8 of 10
ando35
Frequent Contributor

I recall that I wasn;t going to get it deleted with this letter I got from the state. I thought maybe they would just update it. One of the CRA's deleted it on their own around this time , maybe the public record changed. The other CRA did not delete. 

Message 9 of 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@ando35 wrote:

I recall that I wasn;t going to get it deleted with this letter I got from the state. I thought maybe they would just update it. One of the CRA's deleted it on their own around this time , maybe the public record changed. The other CRA did not delete. 

Have you disputed the lien? If so, and if it comes back verified, do a MOV to EQ....they are obligated to tell you who/what the data furnisher is.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.