Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax -- ugh

tag
ladyjaye82
Regular Contributor

Equifax -- ugh

Sorry for the mini-rant but I'm SO fed up with Equifax.

First their consumer service team (the group that you can do an EE through) only answers the phones from 9-5 in your local time zone. Not super helpful if you work 8-5. Secondly, when you do manage to squeeze the time in your work day to call they keep you on hold for so long that you use most of your lunch break to get through leaving you 5 minutes to talk to therep. Lastly, the lady (Kelly) I spoke with today flat out said that no one in their office has the ability to remove something from your report, they can only dispute it.

Now I know that isn't true because plenty of people to get through and get their EEs. I have 2 baddies that I'm looking to remove and they are set to fall off this year. One is an old paid collection for Verizon that should fall-off on 5/1 and the other an old paid charge off with Cap1 that should fall off on 8/1. I wasn't expecting to get the Cap1 one removed but I figured it was at least worth asking.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and she just kept repeating that no one has the ability to grant an EE. I didn't have time to argue with her because I needed to get back to work. I guess I'll try again on Friday since that will officially put me at one month out from the date for the Verizon account.

I just wish that even if they don't do much of an EE they were at least easier to get ahold of. No weekend hours and extremely limited weekday hours is a real PITA.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax -- ugh

I feel your pain. I was just doing the same thing about 30 mins ago. I have one set to come off in May too and the supervisor kept saying call back on Friday because they can only do 30 days prior, although I've read plenty of places that their system automatically drops stuff the on the 1st of the month before it's due to come off anyway so hopefully we won't need to call back. I have 3 others that come off in June and he said to call back May 1st. It wasn't until I asked about the Midland Funding CA lawsuit that he said he could put the one set to come off in June (the other is the May acct) in dispute on the basis of it being included in the lawsuit. Idk what will come of it but it would be nice for them to just go ahead and delete them both without me having to call back.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, call Friday for the one that is due to fall off in May.  I called today for an EE on an account that is due to fall off in September and was told that they will remove it within 30 days of the fall off date.  This is a big deal after calling almost everyday to speak to a different rep and no one would budge. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax is almost not even worth bothering with for EE. They seldom (if ever) remove more than one month early.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why they're so difficult! lol. Like TU and EX EE'd early. EQ swears they're breaking the law but how is it TU & EX can EE more than 30 days and they're not breaking the law? I understand it's a courtesy but dang!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX won't budge for me either. I am stuck right now lol. I will try again this week though
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't understand why they're so difficult! lol. Like TU and EX EE'd early. EQ swears they're breaking the law but how is it TU & EX can EE more than 30 days and they're not breaking the law? I understand it's a courtesy but dang!

Breaking the law, thats a laugh. The law (FCRA) simply says it cannot remain PAST a certain time limit, it does not in any sensible persons interpretation, say it "must" remain until that time period.

The only thing it breaks is their internal policy.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly. I tried asking how the other 2 aren't breaking the law but EQ uses "the law" as their reasoning and the rep basically fed me some scripted response.
Message 8 of 9
silkysean
Regular Contributor

@ladyjaye82 wrote:

Sorry for the mini-rant but I'm SO fed up with Equifax.

First their consumer service team (the group that you can do an EE through) only answers the phones from 9-5 in your local time zone. Not super helpful if you work 8-5. Secondly, when you do manage to squeeze the time in your work day to call they keep you on hold for so long that you use most of your lunch break to get through leaving you 5 minutes to talk to therep. Lastly, the lady (Kelly) I spoke with today flat out said that no one in their office has the ability to remove something from your report, they can only dispute it.

Now I know that isn't true because plenty of people to get through and get their EEs. I have 2 baddies that I'm looking to remove and they are set to fall off this year. One is an old paid collection for Verizon that should fall-off on 5/1 and the other an old paid charge off with Cap1 that should fall off on 8/1. I wasn't expecting to get the Cap1 one removed but I figured it was at least worth asking.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and she just kept repeating that no one has the ability to grant an EE. I didn't have time to argue with her because I needed to get back to work. I guess I'll try again on Friday since that will officially put me at one month out from the date for the Verizon account.

I just wish that even if they don't do much of an EE they were at least easier to get ahold of. No weekend hours and extremely limited weekday hours is a real PITA.

Man oh man do I feel your pain I hate Equifax.Been disputing public records for about 3 months finally threatened them with filing a claim with Consumers bureau had a Bk 13 that was supposed to be removed by 12/14 they trying to say 10 years had to email them proof 7 is 10 years 13 is 7 and a tax lien that was withdrawn but they refuse even sent in all paperwork and proof Tu And Eq been deleted even told them verify.They even deduct me from my points every time I dispute it goes down then takes months to get back up they are shameful !

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.