Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax won't remove TAX LIEN

tag
meka1984
Regular Contributor

Equifax won't remove TAX LIEN

I had a tax lien from the state of Arkansas that was a huge mistake on their end. I have the paperwork that shows the lien was filed in error; however, Equifax will not completely remove the lien.

I have written a letter and provided the necessary documentation; however, they will not remove. What are my next steps? What do I tell them? I don't know what else to say.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Equifax won't remove TAX LIEN

The CRAs handle public record information by review of the actual public records.

Get it removed from the actual public recordation, and they should delete.

Arguing that it should/will be removed is usually inadequate.

Message 2 of 5
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@meka1984 wrote:

I had a tax lien from the state of Arkansas that was a huge mistake on their end. I have the paperwork that shows the lien was filed in error; however, Equifax will not completely remove the lien.

I have written a letter and provided the necessary documentation; however, they will not remove. What are my next steps? What do I tell them? I don't know what else to say.

Keep sending the documentation...I had a state and federal tax lien removed recently and it EQ was last to remove both.  I disputed the state tax lien  (CRA) twice as well.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 5
coterotie
Established Contributor

Equifax is the worst about tax liens.  I'm on my 3rd round with them.  Have sent them the official letter from the state.  Have sent them the recording information at judge of probate.  They refuse to remove even though it has been paid for 9 years and they have confirmed they will delete after 7.  TU and EXP both deleted immediately when they saw the release date was recorded in error.  EQ refuses to acknowledge that the state erred even though the state wrote them a letter.

@newmomnewme wrote:

@meka1984 wrote:

Keep sending the documentation...I had a state and federal tax lien removed recently and it EQ was last to remove both.  I disputed the state tax lien  (CRA) twice as well.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Then you need assistace of a third party who has authority to review the CRA fiinding.  That is the job of the CFPB.

Send a formal complaint to the CFPB with your supporting documentation.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.