Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax

tag
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Equifax

So I have a paid tax lien and a paid judgement, both have been removed from experian and transunion, unable to verify. I disputed both with equifax via the CFPB, They responded with verified on the tax lien but did not respond on the paid judgement that I disputed. They only sent me a form that the tax lien had been verified, it could not have been verified, because the states dont verifiy. I also enclosed a letter that showed that I didn't have a balance with the state from the state.  

So my question is, it has been longer than 30 days from the dispute per the CFPB, can I demand that the judgement be removed since they didn't respond? Should I send 623 on the tax lien asking them what method of verification they used. Neither experian or transunion list either one because they couldn't be verified. 

Please help!!!

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax

623's are for OC, and CAs. Not for CRAs.

If you send it to EQ, expect this:

Pursuant to Section 611(a)(3)(A) of FCRA we will not investigate your dispute at this time. We contact the source of the information through an automated verification system or letter.

Long story short, "We've E-oscared it, verified, so go away, and contact the OC."

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Equifax

Disputes under the FCRA do not involve the CFPB.

You send a dispute, in this case to the CRA, and the CRA conducts a reinvestigation.

They refer the dispute to any furnisher if the information was sent to them by another, and that party must investigatie and respond back to the CRA.  The CRA then makes its finding..

In the case of public record information, they do no forward to anyone, as their is no furnisher.  They verify themselves by checking the public record.  The state did not veriy the tax lien, the CRA did.

YOu cannot send a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8) to the CRA.  They are sent to the party who furnished the information that you assert is inaccurte.

In the case of public record information, there is no conventional furnisher.  For that reason, the implementing rules for the direct dispute process (16 CFR 660.4) explicitly exempts all direct disputes of public record information.

You file a complaint with the CFPB, which an assertion of some violation of the FCRA, either by the furnisher of information to a CRA or by the CRA.

Compalints are separate from disputes, and have no 30-day reinvestigation or response period. 

In your case, the complaint was apparently that the CRA did not properly verify the accuracy of the tax lien?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.