Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax

tag
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

Equifax

Per their letter, Equifax says that they can't fix DH's split file because there is "too much information" to transfer...What do we do now?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax

I have never heard of this. Please hang in there I am checking on it.
Message 2 of 5
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have never heard of this. Please hang in there I am checking on it.
Were you able to see about this?
Live~Laugh~Love

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If they are playing BS hardball with you, here is what I would do.  It will cost you $10.50, but will invoke specific legal dislosure requirements of the contents of your full credit file under the FCRA 609(a)(1).

File a written request with the CRA, clearly labeled as a request under FCRA 609(a)(1), and not a dispute of the accuracy of any information in your file.

This requirement of the FCRA mandates that a credit reporting agency shall, upon written request of the consumer, clearly and accurately disclose to the consumer ALL information in the consumer's file at the time of the request.  

It only requires two things on your part:  (1) proper identifiation of your identity, and (2) payment of the fee  required under FCRA 612(f), which is currently $10.50, payable to the CRA.

If I were you, I would conclude this request letter with a paragraph ot two that summarized their "split file" burden argument conveyed to you in the past, thus necessitating your need to pay them for their "burden."

I would also conclude by stating that if the "burden" is too much on them to provide full and accurate credit reports that reflect ALL information in your complete credit file to those who make permissable requests for your credit report under FCRA 604(a), then they are not fulfilling their requirements under FCRA 604(a), thus providing you with the basis for future challenge of credit reports issued by them.

Let them BS you on that!

Message Edited by RobertEG on 08-15-2009 11:43 PM
Message Edited by RobertEG on 08-15-2009 11:56 PM
Message 4 of 5
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

Thank you so much!!!  I'm right on it!!!Smiley Very Happy
Live~Laugh~Love

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.