Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax

I read on here that Equifax removes neg accts 1 month early on the 1st of the month. I have a midland (capital one) account due to be removed on 9/2015. I contacted them yesterday to see if the account was still showing up on my file and the rep stated it was no longer there. I have yet to receive an alert by myfico/creditkarma that it has been removed. I really want to apply for a discover it card, but felt that night account was holding me back and would lead me to get denied. Do you think I should go ahead an apply for it?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Equifax

I think you should order your report first. Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 7
crrredit
Established Contributor

MyFICO doesn't send alerts when something drops off, so your conversation with Equifax is more up-to-date. If you want to see it in writing you'll have to get a new credit report. If you use CreditKarma, you can see an updated Equifax and TU report once a week for free. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bit the bullet & was approved with a 3.5k CL. 0%APR for 12 months and 22.99% after that & double cash back 1st year offer ^.^

Message 4 of 7
crrredit
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 7
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Wow that great! Congrats!

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I bit the bullet & was approved with a 3.5k CL. 0%APR for 12 months and 22.99% after that & double cash back 1st year offer ^.^

Congrats!

Maybe that will force an update aand you'll get alerts about it andthe drop off.

GL

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.