cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax

tag
ffranktly1

Equifax

I have been trying to rebuild my credit since a divorce in 2005 forced a bk7.  i've been doing a pretty good job with help from this forum.  Checking my last credit reports, though, my Equifax score tumbled down more than 40 points, and after examining it,  there were 3 positive tradelines that had been inexplicably dropped.  They were reported on both EX and TU, and no changes there.  I called EQ and they were less than helpful.

I don't know how to resurrect these tradelines, as 2 of them are closed, but 1 of them is a current acct.  Thank you for any Help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax

When did you close the two closed accounts?

Did you do anything to these TLs? (e.g. dispute, send GW letters, call them for any reason)

Message 2 of 4
ffranktly1

thanks for the response!.   the 2 closed accounts, American Gen Finances (2 different loans), were closed some 8-9 months ago, and have been reporting by all 3 credit bureaus since then, which obviously they should continue to do for around 7 yrs?,  and then my one current account with Santander.............they all are perfect credit lines, and they all have been deleted by Equifax, but not the other 2.........f-

Message 3 of 4
ffranktly1

i think what i said is confusing.   2 accounts with American General are closed (8-9 months ago), and Santander is open.  American Gen, both were current when closed, and Santander as well.  All 3 had been reporting correctly til Jun 1st, when Equifax deleted all 3 of them, causing a drop in my Equifax score of more than 35 points....................f-

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.