Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eradicate Midland from my Report

tag
LeSilence

Eradicate Midland from my Report

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to your forum and in need of your help. I would like to rebuild my cedit and put my finace in order. I have been denied countless time for credit card because of a Midland account. I am not sure how to go about dealing with this negative account on my report. I would really like it to be gone. Any help will be apprecitated. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

Information as it appears on my report. Hope it helps in analyzing my case

Account Name: MIDLAND FUNDING

Account Type:Debt Purchase

Balance:$811.00

Date Opened:5/1/2012

Account Status: Closed

Close Account Details:$811.00

Payment Status:Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

Terms:1 Month

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
polno1234
Contributor

Re: Eradicate Midland from my Report

that doesnt provide much info and i would assume you got it from a certain genre of sites. midland is a tuff nut to crack as far as getting a pfd from them. but perserverance oft pays dividends. so my advice is to go for pfd with them. also what is the dofd on this account and where do you live.

as far asgetting a credit card you should be able to get a secured card. google best secured cards for ppl with bad credit. read reviews and then go for it. my reccomendation is merrick secured, 17.45 apr 36 annual fee not to shabby plus you get a free fico to monitor score with every monthSmiley Happy there are other options aswell. last but not least. you said you have been denied countless times. please note that inquiries (ie a hard pull for a cc, loan app) while stay on report for 2 years and have a negative impact on score for 1 year putting you further down the rung of getting a card the more you app.

Current MERRICK SECURED-$200 EMBLEM MC-$250 EXPRESS NEXT-$350
In the garden till 10/9/14
Fico 8 start 02/15/13 488
Current TU Fico 8 641, EX 734 EQ 740
Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 2 of 5
LeSilence

Thank you for the reply. I live in the state of Md and DOFD was 2010.

Will follow your suggestions.

Message 3 of 5
polno1234
Contributor

maryland has a three year sol so you should be good on that. you have nothing to lose by sending pfd letters for the naxt 4 years until it is excluded from your credit reportSmiley Happy getting a few secured cards under your belt will definatley help you whilst you are dealing with midland. if you are looking to get a loan soon i would suggest attempting a few pfds with them and see if they bite. if not go ahead and just pif it will look better to a lender that way. i also suggest to tell them you will pif for a deletion instead of trying to loball them. best foot forward so to speak. good luck

Current MERRICK SECURED-$200 EMBLEM MC-$250 EXPRESS NEXT-$350
In the garden till 10/9/14
Fico 8 start 02/15/13 488
Current TU Fico 8 641, EX 734 EQ 740
Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 4 of 5
LeSilence

Thank you all so much for the feedbacks. I will see if I could bargain with them. 

Appreciated.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.