Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erasing Tradelines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Erasing Tradelines

For the charged-off account of Capital One it has 6 late payments.... I'm almost done paying it off by the end of the month. Do you think they'll actually erase the trade line? Late payments were due to my husband getting laid off, he's now working again
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Erasing Tradelines

Cap 1 is pretty hard to deal with. Im currently trying to get 2 c.o removed both of them paid off so far no luck.
You can ask for gw after payment
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks! Good luck to you too!
Message 3 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Cap 1 typically will not grant GW removal unless its in the last year of reporting but there have been exceptions all you can do is keep trying once you have it all paid off.
Message 4 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What was the date of first delinquency (DOFD) that led preceded later delinquencies and the reported charge-off?

All monthly delinquencies as well as a reported charge-off must be excluded from your credit report no later than 7 years to 7.5 years from the DOFD.  Once the derogs are removed, if the debt is paid (i.e., the current status is paid, and thus no longer currrently delinquent), the account will remain in your credit report as a positive account for up to 10 years after the date of closure of the account.

It thus may become beneficial for the account not to be excluded.

If, however, substantial time remains until the derogs reach their credit report exclusion dates, then earlier removal of either the derogs or the entire account would require voluntary deletion by the creditor.  You would thus need to obtain a good-will deletion from the creditor.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were recent August 2017Jan 2018 lates
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
They were recent August 2017Jan 2018 lates

For a Capitalone that is way way to recent. They just happened. You can keep trying the goodwill letters. But odds are low here until they age. They will be excluded 7 years from DOFD. And EE can be done from about six months to one month from deletion.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx. Any chance they may delete a few lates or probably not?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update, Trident Assest settled for half the balance.  They will report paid in full on credit report.  I will try to get it deleted as it was on all 3 reports.

Message 9 of 10
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Nothing to delete.  They have no reason to delete.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.