Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errmerrrgerrd! Macy's Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Errmerrrgerrd! Macy's Success!

Errmerrrgerrd! I've been sending PFDs for a Macy's store card CO - it is on my CRs as Macy's and CO but not sold or transferred to a CA.  Been sending a few PFDs on this this and was planning on simply paying it next week then GWing the heck out of them.  My neighbor just buzzed me: postman placed a piece of my mail in her spot.  Hmmmm.  It's from Macy's - must be the usual and customary denial.  *ssshhhwIIP*  opened it right on up.

Get this: they've indicated that because of my good history with them prior to the payment blips, if I pay in full by such and such date (7 days) they will not only "delete the charge off notation and its associated late payment reporting" *BUT* also "reopen the original account tradeline" to 1/2 the original CL ($1000 orig, would be $500 now) after which I should receive my new card within 7-10 days.  "This is one time only offer..." blah blah blah.  Errmerrrgerrd!

Just absolutely thrilled with this!  So, I'm understanding this to mean they will simply rehabilitate the existing tradeline and the end result will be a TL in good standing, no lates, $500 CL, dated back to 2007.  I'm still just sitting here all Smiley Surprised

I'll be at my bank promptly at 8am Monday morning for a cashier's check then directly across the road to the post office to mail this bad-boy off.  SOOO thrilled!  Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and words of support!

YaY!!  FICO stuff!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: Errmerrrgerrd! Macy's Success!

Congrats!!! That is quite the accomplishment.  Removal of a CO with and a new account thats not new!  If I were you I would be calling them and trying to pay it over the phone.

Message 2 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a great idea ... it's late on a Saturday but gunna try it ...
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang. They're closed. I'll ring first thing Monday. Yeah the deal is similar to how Amex approached my CO: paid the debt in full, then they opened a new TL backdated to the original. This one however, seems to be rehabilitating the origin TL. All-in-All it's been two awesome weekends in a row. I'm out for now to enjoy the sun shining here in Seattle. Not too often those two words are used in the same sentence: sun & Seattle except fir describing the lack thereof lol
Message 5 of 18
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

That's freakin awesome, man. If only they all would do that!

2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have such a stupid grin on my face. I'm going to be strutting through Pike Place Market thinking "that's right. I rehabbed a charge-off babeee!! Time for a celebratory lamb gyro!!"
Message 7 of 18
chevyman
Contributor

Now if first premiere would do that
Message 8 of 18
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

bear dance.gif

Happy Dance!!!!!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.