Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Erroneous dispute

I just received an alert from MyFico stating that an account has been updated. When I check the account it's an old closed auto loan claiming that I am disputing it:

"Consumer disputes this account information Closed or paid account / zero balance Auto"

It's being reported by Eq, but I never disputed anything. There are a few lates on the loan, but it's been paid off for years and will fall off later this year. Should I do anything? I wasn't even worried about the few lates because I doubt they were even hurting my score at all.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Erroneous dispute

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received an alert from MyFico stating that an account has been updated. When I check the account it's an old closed auto loan claiming that I am disputing it:

"Consumer disputes this account information Closed or paid account / zero balance Auto"

It's being reported by Eq, but I never disputed anything. There are a few lates on the loan, but it's been paid off for years and will fall off later this year. Should I do anything? I wasn't even worried about the few lates because I doubt they were even hurting my score at all.

You can leave it as is if you are not apping for any mortgage in the near  future or you can call the CRA and tell them you are not disputing anything and want the comments removed. If you are sending GW letters to this creditor they sometimes can be mistaken for disputes and thats why it is saying this, same scenario though call the CRA and tell them you are not disputing anyting.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Erroneous dispute

I would recommend getting the pending dispute flag removed regardless of your current intent to app for new credit.

It is most likely affecting your score.

I would not recommend disputing the reporting of a false dispute, as you wil be substiuting a real dispute for an inaccurate one.

Send the CRA a statement that you never disputed.  They can resolve by a quick review of your file.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.