Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error in reporting?

I'm trying to clean up my credit reports and I have five cc accounts that were in good standing when I had to file bk which was discharged March 2016.  They are showing up on the account status as closed/derogatory and the payment status is IIB.  Should the account status being showing as derogatory?  I've tried disputing, but they just keep showing the same.

Also, I had three public records deleted by Transunion and only my bk was showing and now two of the public records are back, but showing paid.

Please help!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Error in reporting?

Hi there OP,

I have created your own thread on this, I changed the title and left everything else intact.
Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm trying to clean up my credit reports and I have five cc accounts that were in good standing when I had to file bk which was discharged March 2016.  They are showing up on the account status as closed/derogatory and the payment status is IIB.  Should the account status being showing as derogatory?  I've tried disputing, but they just keep showing the same.

Also, I had three public records deleted by Transunion and only my bk was showing and now two of the public records are back, but showing paid.

Please help!!

If the accounts were open at the time the BK was filed then the creditor would close them and report them as IIB even if you had a 0 balance and any account IIB is a derog account. If you had closed them prior to the filing of BK with a 0 balance then they would have to show as a positive closed account.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Even though not delinquent when the BK was discharged, if you did not pay the debt, then they can properly be shown as discharged by the BK, and not by way of $ from you.

They took a loss.  That is derogatory.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I just wasn't sure because I see everyone saying that it should only show IIB.  I didn't know if it would show both IIB $0 and closed/derogatory. 

Thank you so much for your help!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.