Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escrow worries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Escrow worries

I have a judgment against me that I got removed from my credit report recently. The same bank that had a judgment against me financed a new car for me recently I am concerned they will report the judgment along with the new car loan when they first report it should I worry ? I am in the middle of escrow and worry it will hit my credit report and ruin me the way I had it removed was I disputed it with all 3 buearus and it was removed from all I believe the statue of limitations on this is in June please give me advice
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Escrow worries

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a judgment against me that I got removed from my credit report recently. The same bank that had a judgment against me financed a new car for me recently I am concerned they will report the judgment along with the new car loan when they first report it should I worry ? I am in the middle of escrow and worry it will hit my credit report and ruin me the way I had it removed was I disputed it with all 3 buearus and it was removed from all I believe the statue of limitations on this is in June please give me advice

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Banks do not report judgments they are PRs and the CRAs either buy info from companies that send runners to the courthouses to gather public records or they search public records databases themselves. If the reporting period was to expire in June and the CRAs have removed I doubt that it will be returning to your CRs.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok next question I am offering to settle the judgment and get a satisfaction of judgment the judgment is not on my credit report as the statue of limitations has past on it but if I settle it will it reappear on my credit report ?
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Settling judgment

Are you referring to the statute of limitations on bringng civil action, or the statute of limitations on the enforceability of the judgment?

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok next question I am offering to settle the judgment and get a satisfaction of judgment the judgment is not on my credit report as the statue of limitations has past on it but if I settle it will it reappear on my credit report ?

no

I have also merged your other thread into this thread as the question you asked is the same. If you want to update the title of this thread you can do so by going to your first post and hitting the options button in upper right hand corner of the post and then click on edit post. You can edit the title from there then hit the post button to update.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am referring to the statue of limitations that it can be reported on my credit report. Also I made my offer to settle yesterday and today I I had a credit inquiry from the bank is this common ? Should this worry me ? Why would they run my credit ? They didn't ask my permission to run my credit
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.