Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated date of removal

tag
tryinaz

Estimated date of removal

Hello, 

I'm looking to clean up some of my negative credit items and noctied that they Estimated date for removal is coming up.  I have two that are dated 10/2014 and one that is 03/2015.  What should I do with these wait until next month and ask the CRA to remove or should I try the process of paying them off?

TIA

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Estimated date of removal

What is your overall goal?  If the estimated dates are correct, simply waiting will see them removed from your CR.  That doesn't change the fact that you may still have outstanding debt.  As they are removed, I will assume your score will improve and your credit profile will be improved.  Once TL's meet the requirements for exclusion, they should automatically be removed; there shouldn't be any action required by you. 

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 2 of 11
ebeds18
Established Member

when the estimated date of removal is say 10/2014 will it be removed on the first day of the month or by the end of the month??

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one that was due to be removed 12/14, but after calling the CRA and asking for an "early exclusion", it was removed right then. I checked my credit reports and it's not on my report. However, the rep DID tell me that they don't remove the collection, etc.. "early", but that I could "dispute it, stating that it's too old to be on my report". She asked if that's what I wanted to do and I said yes. I checked my report hours later, and it had been removed.
Message 4 of 11
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Hello, these are both so close to fallling off so I would just request an early exclusion.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 11
Gerri
New Contributor

@ebeds18 wrote:

when the estimated date of removal is say 10/2014 will it be removed on the first day of the month or by the end of the month??

This is my question as well.  Anyone have an idea?

Starting Score: 599
Current Score: EQ-739,TU-738
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call and ask for an early exclusion

Message 7 of 11
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@ebeds18 wrote:

Great question......... seems like it is unknown.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you call the bureau, they will tell you the exact day. While you are on the phone with them just ask for an "early exclusion".

Message 9 of 11
dursty87
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you call the bureau, they will tell you the exact day. While you are on the phone with them just ask for an "early exclusion".

+1.  I would be suprised if any of them won't remove an item that is due to fall off this month.  However you might get stuck with the one due to fall off in March but asking for an early exclusion isn't going to hurt you...you might just get a nice rep who is willing to remove it early.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.