cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever had a CRA claim they don't see what you see?

tag
diabla
Regular Contributor

Ever had a CRA claim they don't see what you see?

I pull daily from TU and I see an old address and new employer that I definitely want gone.  The employer was only a temp job and I don't need creditors getting hold of that and calling up there for me when I'm no longer there.  I see it on my daily pulls and I also see it when I ordered my FICO, so its there!  But TU claims they don't see it.  Every time I call in and ask about it, the rep claims its not there.  They also told me to wait for the copy of my report that they will mail me because its the most recent - but why would that be any more recent than the one online?

Has anyone ever experienced this?  Are they purposely pretending not to see it so they don't have to delete?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Ever had a CRA claim they don't see what you see?

You can get them to officially put their "it's not there" statement in writing, creating an official report of their review.

Send them a request under FCRA 609(a)(1), which entitles a consumer to any information in their credit file at the time of the request.

Section 609(a)(1) requests require only that they be accompanied by proof of your identity and the current processing fee, which is $11.00.

They will most assuredly be a bit more than cavalier when required to put their response in writing.

Message 2 of 4
diabla
Regular Contributor

Thanks, Robert!  I will attempt that.  Once they see that they have to put it into writing, they may just go ahead and delete it!

Message 3 of 4
diabla
Regular Contributor

How funny that today I get my paper copy in the mail, and those two items are indeed on it, big as day!  Why did they claim they didn't see it all of this time?

So I call back and the rep asks me do I want him to delete those two, I say yes.  He deletes it.   

Hang up and pull Truecredit, as it had been 24 hours since the last pull - the information is already gone!!!!  How unusual is that?  I really don't understand why they play silly games like this!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.