cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever have a GW request spun into a dispute?

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: Ever have a GW request spun into a dispute?

I've had a GW letter backfire as well.  About a year ago, I wrote a letter to the EO of Citi, in hopes of having one 30-day late removed/forgiven.  Not only did they not remove the late, but they also added a comment to the tradeline of all three CRA's basically saying "Consumer Disputes This Account Information" or something to that effect.  I made numerous phone calls to have these comments removed, but was continuously told that they legally have to report that I disagree with their decision to not remove the late - which obviously is a bunch of crap-ola.  About two months ago, after sending a couple of letters demanding that the comments be removed, they did so.  

it does appear that there are some risks to GW letters.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure this is all temporary, but it underscores the value of checking account info on a regular basis just in case.  And it's crazy how wildly different the process at each bureau seems to be.

My biggest credit card is a Quicksilver at Capital One that had 28 successful payments, and a single 30-day late that was a result of a bank change mishap.  Anyway, they agreed to remove the 30-day late after an email and a couple of phone calls.

I got the approval call 12 days ago.  Letter arrived yesterday.  Was told 10-20 days.  Currently, the account on the 3 bureaus...

All 3 had *customer dispute* listed the first 5 days after my approval.  No dispute ever made.  Then, after that:

• Experian got rid of the account all together and it cost me 20 points for now bc of the credit limit drop.  Assume this gets added back correct within 30 days.
  • Transunion has plenty of time to update but hasn't updated yet, and also is 45 days behind on a recent CLI from same account
  • Equifax has it all correct and subsequently my credit score is highest here as it brings last 3 years payments to 100%

Normally wouldn't be rushing at this point of my rebuild, but I'm car shopping so this being correct next month will become important.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow pretty interesting actually. Hope it all settled correctly in pretty of time for you.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same happen to me...going through the process of contacting everyone involved yet again
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a couple of GW letters to a furniture company we did business with a few years ago.  We used their in-house financing and had a few late payments.  They sent a letter back both times saying they received my dispute and they couldn't remove the lates.  Of course, they are complete idiots there and we had nothing but trouble with them the entire time we did business with them.  

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received a letter from Capital One stated they have placed dispute notations on my report.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.