cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every CRA tells another story...I will take any advice offered.

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Every CRA tells another story...I will take any advice offered.

Here is the scenario, most of my credit cards are maxed out (55k total limits, I know...I know....its bad). 

I plan on apping for the PSECU combo card/line and transfer some of my maxed limits to slow down interest bleeding.  

While I work on paying them down, I also have the following on each of my three reports.

In addition to my GW campaign with the creditors, should I be doing anything else with the CRAs? 

Macys - 30 day late 6/2015 - EQ, EX and TU (Spoke with Credit Analyst quick denial)

Duvera Billing - 30 day late 10/2015 - EQ and TU (Financed Furniture PIF 6/2016)

IC Systems - Paid Collection 1/2016 - EX and TU (Said they sent a request for removal)

NCC - Paid Collection 2/2012 - TU (9/2014 removed from all except TU)

Thanks in advance. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Every CRA tells another story...I will take any advice offered.

If the question is when is it appropriate to contact the CRAs regarding reported information, the general answer is if/when you consider any information to be inaccurate,

The CRAs are in the business of providing as much information as possible, and dont grant good-will deletions of reporting.

They specifically instruct furnishers not to grant good will deletions based on payment of the debt.

If information is inaccurate, you can either first try informally through contact with the creditor or debt collector to get it corrected, or you can file a formal dispute with the CRA.

Message 2 of 4
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Thank you RobertEG. 

My issue is each tradelne originally appeared on all three reports...but now, some are there and some are not. 

It sounds like my answer is to wait and possible continue to communicate with the original creditors vs. the CRAs. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Yes. See if some of this will get removed and continue contact with the OC's for any possible adjustments needed.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.